This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fata1Err0r 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Fata1Err0r
    Participant

G’evening,

I just got the kit last night, and have been playing around with it. I’m trying to test something out with the lighting, but I don’t see any light objects in the scene when it’s running, nor do any of the lights I put into the scene affect anything. I tried what I could think of, read through the documentation, but still not coming up with anything. Probably a dumb question, but what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Fata1Err0r.

Fata1Err0r
    Participant

Okay, I played around with it more and figured out what I was doing wrong. I’m use to dealing with the 3D side of Unity, and this is my first time messing with 2D, so I was just expecting lights to work as I think they should. In order to get my custom lighting to work, it’s necessary in Unity 2D to place the “sprite-diffuse” material on the sprite renderer. That did the trick for me.

Great job on the kit so far bro. Look forward to see what you come up with in the pro version. Enjoy your weekend! I know you would have responded as soon as you saw this, but I figured it out, thanks anyways tho!

Fata1Err0r
    Participant

Okay, I lied. I thought it was working, but still not getting any type of lighting to work on it, however, my sprite is that dark gray color that would normally signify that it’s in darkness and that light should work on it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Joey Lubonty

Hey Fatal,

You are soooooooo close to getting it lol :D.

I actually have this working in the Pro Version of the kit so I will be able to help you no problem. I take it you are after the whole dark and light look like in Don’t Starve or something along those lines with a torch to light the area around you.

Check these 2 screenshots out and it should finish the last piece of the puzzle for you :

1) Screenshot 1

2) Screenshot 2

EDIT : For number 2, you will want to look at the top panel of Unity and click, Window -> Lighting -> Scene Tab.

These 2 screenshots should get you in the right direction. Let me know if it works for you :).

Good Luck on your game and thank you for the awesome words about the kit <3.

Joey,
    Troll Bridge Studios

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Joey Lubonty.

Fata1Err0r
    Participant

Thanks! 😀 That did the trick for me. You’re spot on about what I’m trying to do, that’ll help out a great deal. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.