This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joey Lubonty 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

jonsilva
    Participant

hello troll bridge studios
    could you do a small tutorial here of how to add the inventory to a new game ?

Ive added the UI_Canvas and EventSystem to a anew scene but it complains about the hearts

`NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TrollBridge.Update_Health_Icon.Update () (at Assets/Troll Bridge Studios/2D Starter Kit/_Scripts/Characters/Player/Additions/Update_Health_Icon.cs:34)

Iam not sure witch script to add ?
    thanks

Joey Lubonty

Hey jonsilva,

If you were mimicking how the demo is setup and just want to get the inventory to work. I would make the child GameObject “Top GUI” inactive for now : screenshot

If you are creating a new game and starting from scratch I would take the approach of having your first scene loaded be similar to how the kit does it in which the VERY first scene is literally there to create all the gameobjects and mechanics you want to persist throughout your entire game. You can make all the other GameObjects that dont deal with the inventory Inactive until you are ready to deal with them.

1) Help Screenshot 1
    2) Help Screenshot 2

Let me know if you need any more help after this :).

Joey,
    Troll Bridge Studios

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Joey Lubonty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘2D RPG Kit Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.